Hello there Facebook user;
Today I will show you how you can recover your Facebook account.
Ready for this epic ride? Okay!
My guess is, you are having a hard time remembering your Facebook password and username or you are having a hard time resetting your Facebook password.
Or wait a minute. Has your Facebook Account been ha*ked?
Hey, Don’t panic or give up just yet.
There’s a 70% guarantee that after reading this post you will gain access to your Facebook account again. That’s fair right? 70%? Yeah.
I have seen tons of articles on the web;
Articles on retrieving facebook account, resetting facebook password and so much more.
Funny enough, some articles on the web actually trick users to pay money for facebook account retrieval;
After reading a lot of articles online, I decided to come up with this ”All in 1” step by step method of recovering facebook accounts at no cost.
I hope this helps:
If you know your facebook login email or phone number, but you have forgotten your password, the first tip I’ll give you is what I strongly recommend for starters.
TRY TO REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD
As annoying or weird as this may sound, you really should try it out.
This totally works for me;
Tips I Use For Remembering A Password
- Calm down and think deep, don’t push yourself, the password is up there in your head somewhere. (You set it)
- Cycle through passwords for others accounts.
- Try Meditation, you can’t remember that password if you are too eager and restless.
- Try out possible passwords you would use. It could be your Name, Age, Date of Birth or maybe a secret.
- Ask yourself, ”what password would I probably use”?
Personally, all I need is the first step to help me remember any password.
NOTE: Saving passwords on applications and writing them out can be totally risky
I am going to answer some questions that pertain to facebook account recovery, you can call them (FAQs).
I forgot my Facebook password, How can I log into Facebook?
If you find yourself in this case scenario, where you just can’t seem to remember your Facebook password you can always request for a new password.
A friend once asked me ”If I forgot my facebook password, how do I reset it ?”
The same answers I gave to my friend is the same answer I will give to you.
Here are the steps to follow to reset your facebook password;
- Open facebook Login page.
- Insert your login email or your ”phone number registered with facebook”.
- Click on login.
- Click on forgot password.
- On the next page, enter either your username, email address or phone number, and then click on search
- Confirm that the account you want to reset password for is truly yours.
- Select the option that best suits you.
Email me a link to reset my password,
Text me a code to reset my password.
- Click on continue.
After completion, an email will be sent to you containing a link that can be used to reset your facebook password, or a text will be sent to your mobile device, the text will contain a code that you can use to reset your facebook password.
Depends on which facebook password reset option you choose initially.
If you chose ”Email me a link to reset my password”;
- Open your Email address that is most likely linked with facebook;
- Check your inbox, locate the facebook password reset mail sent by facebook.
- Click on the link inside the mail.
- Enter your new password.
If you chose ”Text me a code to reset my password’?
Then you should have your mobile device handy.
On your device;
- You would probably receive a text message containing numbers.
- Enter the code in the box provided by facebook.
- Choose a new password for your account.
I’m not receiving the email to reset my facebook password
This happens most times;
If you are not receiving an email to reset your facebook password? and you aren’t getting text messages from facebook either.
You can try out the options below if you aren’t receiving the email to reset facebook password.
- On the Email account linked with your facebook account, check your junk or spam folder.
- Check the mobile numbers that are linked to your facebook account. (Be sure it’s active and is not set to block spam messages).
- Try Resetting your facebook password again.
I see an “Invalid Code” or an “Invalid Link” error message when I try to reset my password.
Are you getting an error while trying to reset your facebook password?
Try these solutions;
Invalid Code Error
If you are getting an ”invalid code error” then you probably aren’t typing the correct code into facebook’s code box.
Copy the full code and paste it the code box provided by Facebook.
Invalid Link Error
This error is caused by a wrong link. If you didn’t copy the full correct link it will surely bring forth the ”invalid link” error.
Copy the full link from your email and paste it in your preferred browser’s address bar.
I can’t find my account from the “Find Your Account” page
Not being able to find your facebook account from the Find my Account page can be most times frustrating for facebook users that are trying to recover their accounts.
Here are some tips you can try;
- Try Entering every mobile number or email address that you have owned in your lifetime, you probably must have changed your facebook recovery mail at some point.
- Ask a friend or family member to check the listed mobile number or email listed in the About section of your profile.
- Alternately you can enter your Facebook Username in the Find my Account box, (your facebook Username is your personalized URL).
If you do not know your facebook Username, simply ask your friend to go to your facebook profile (Using a web browser) and check your username in the URL.
- You probably signed up using a nickname, Try entering variations of your name.
How can my friends help me recover my Facebook account?
If you really know your way around facebook, then you must have come across the term (Facebook trusted contacts).
Facebook trusted contacts is another method of getting access to your account if you got locked out.
How does this work?
Well, facebook has this to say about trusted contacts.
”After you set up a trusted contact, they’ll be able to send you special, one-time security codes from Facebook with a special URL. You can then contact your friends for this code to get help and regain access to your account.”
If you are locked out facebook and you don’t have Trusted contacts this won’t work for you.
But if you did set trusted contacts, here’s how to recover your facebook account using Trusted contacts;
- On Facebook’s login page, click on Forgot your password?
- Find your account by entering your phone number, Email or Username, If prompted.
- Click on No longer have access to these?
- Enter a new accessible email address and click continue.
- On the next page, click Reveal My Trusted Contacts, and type in the full name of one of your trusted contacts.
- You will see a set of instructions that includes a URL which contains a special security code that can be seen only by your trusted contacts.
- Send the URL to your trusted contacts so they can open the link and give the security code to you.
- Use the security codes to access your account.
Note: You should call your friends(trusted contacts) when acquiring security codes from them, sending the codes via email could be risky.
Now, before moving ahead, be advised that if you didn’t set these options as a means of facebook account recovery, your chances of recovering your facebook account are slim.
I can’t access the email address or phone number listed on my account.
This situation is quite unfortunate, but here’s a shot at solving it;
I hope this helps,
- Open facebook login page.
- Click/tap on forgotten account?
- Enter your username, full name or Email address in the box provided.
- On the next page, click on I forgot my password.
- Look at the Email or phone number listed, If you don’t have access to any? Click on ”No longer have access to these?”
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and answer your security question.
Alternatively, If you don’t have access to your Email account you can contact your Email service provider (Gmail) and retrieve your Email account first before retrieving your Facebook account.
Here is a post on Google Account recovery
This also applies to your mobile number, In most countries, you could request for help in getting your old line back.
Is it possible to recover facebook account? Well, Yes it is, Following the steps listed in this post will give you a shot at facebook account recovery.
If you eventually succeed in recovering your facebook account, you should read this post on how to Secure Facebook Account.
Feel free to comment if you come across any issues while trying to reset your facebook account.
Issue is , I forgot my Fb password , mobile number is not registered and email is not working for account recovery, but strange thing is ,am getting notification on that email account ,the profile for which I forgot my credentials . but when I am trying with that email account getting different user id of mine which I am not using .I tried with messenger on which my mobile number is registered , I can see my account but it asks me me for fb login . I am using FB app on mobile .
Please help me if you can ..
Someone hacked Facebook acct…tried resetting password but its send to a diffence phone number and Gmail. ..
hi …someone hack my facebook account ..i can’t loging my yahoo and facebook account plz help me
Hello Reajul, sorry about this.
Is your Yahoo account connected to your Facebook account?
Please help me my fb recovery trusted account
I am receiving invalid link every time facebook has sent me the link to regain access to my account can anyone help
This is quite strange. Sorry about this.
If you have followed the steps correctly, it shouldn’t show you invalid link.
Are you sure you are clicking on the correct link?