Hey there, Welcome to yet another exciting post on tips and tricks.
Today is actually going to be based on Instagram Tips and tricks. As you would already know, Instagram is a popular application for sharing our special moments with friends, families, and followers, the App accepts images and video uploads but doesn’t accept ”only audio uploads”.
The Instagram App is available for Android, IOS and windows phone users, you can download the App from any of the online app stores.
Most of you would know about Instagram already If you don’t? Then you can simply click on Instagram App.
Now, Moving on to the real deal.
I am going tell you about some amazing Instagram tips and tricks that will make you feel like a pro or demi-god while using Instagram on your device.
Awesome List of Instagram Tricks And Tips 2021
Now, before I start telling you about the Instagram tips and tricks 2021. Most of the Instagram app tips and tricks I am going to share on this post might be already known and some might not be.
Here’s the list of tips and tricks for Instagram
Make your Photos and Videos Private
Don’t want your uploads to be visible publicly? You can make your Instagram uploads private. This means that only people you approve can see your videos, photos, and stories on Instagram.
If your account was previously public and you switch to private, your previous friends won’t be affected by the change.
You can change your Instagram account from public to private by;
- Go to options on your Instagram App by clicking the utility button at the top most right.
- Scroll down and click on private account to switch your Instagram account.
Link Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and to Instagram account
With this cool Instagram trick, you will be able to link other social platforms with your Instagram account. I personally like linking my facebook account to my Instagram account so whenever I post a picture or video on Instagram, It also appears on my facebook timeline.
Here’s how to perform this cool Instagram trick;
- Open Instagram and Go to options on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on linked accounts.
- Click/tap on any of the available options and follow the on-screen procedure to link.
Send Direct Messages on Instagram
Instagram being a platform to share images and videos also give users the ability to send direct/personal messages to Instagram followers or friends.
This feature is one of my favorite Instagram tips and here is how to send direct messages.
- Open your Instagram App.
- On the Home feed, click/tap on the kite-like icon located at the top most right of your screen.
- Tap on the + icon located at the top-right of your screen.
- Select a contact and start sending messages.
Send Boomerang video to your contacts on Instagram
Here’s another amazing Instagram trick, it is called boomerang.
Well, What does it mean?
As the name implies ”boomerang”, It is actually an Instagram trick that lets you add some kind of repeating video effect, I think the video is 1second.
You should really try it out.
Here’s how to send boomerang videos to your contacts on Instagram as direct messages;
- Open theInstagram App
- Go to direct message by clicking on the Kite-like icon located at the top-most right.
- Tap/touch the camera icon beside the contact to open your camera.
- Just below the camera snap button, you will find ”normal” swipe right to ”boomerang”.
- Click on the record button to start recording your boomerang video.
But this platform only lets you view other people’s post, you can’t post with the Instagram web, but you can edit your profile, search and also follow people.
So, Beejay How the heck do I log in Instagram web?
Well, here’s how;
- Open www.instagram.com on your personal computer.
- Login with your details (Username and password).
Use multiple Instagram accounts on the same App
Here’s one that is worthy to be on my list of Instagram tips and tricks 2021.
Gone are the days when we would have to install 3rd party apps just so we can use multiple Instagram accounts on our devices.
With the new Instagram, we can now use more than one account on the official Instagram App. All you would have to do is log in different accounts and then switch accounts whenever you want to.
Sounds confusing? *smiles*
Here’s how to use multiple Instagram accounts on your device.
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Click/tap on the utility icon located at the top-most right.
- Scroll down to ”Add account”
- Insert the login details for the new account and log in.
After you have done this, you’ll have to switch accounts to toggle between your logged in accounts.
How to switch between logged in accounts;
Just go to your Instagram profile and tap on your username to toggle between logged in accounts.
Tag people on Instagram
This might not really be an Instagram trick or tip, but I mean, It’s a cool feature and should totally be on our list of Amazing Instagram tips.
The tag feature on Instagram lets you tag people in posts or Images. It can simply be described as ”calling someone’s attention to a picture or video”.
Let’s say you took a photo with Jake and Kim, and you upload the photo. You can let Jake and Kim know that you uploaded a picture on Instagram with them in it by simply tagging them.
Here’s how to tag someone on Instagram;
- Before clicking the share button, Tap on ”Tag people”.
- Tap on the picture, and then type in the username of the person you want to tag.
- After tagging, click/tap on the mark located at the top-most right.
Call people’s attention to a post on Instagram
Of all my tips for Instagram, I think this would be the most used.
This Instagram trick lets you mention your friends or family to any existing post of Instagram. When you mention people, it appears on their Instagram feed.
Here’s how to do it;
- Before commenting on the post you want to mention your friend, type the @ followed by the username. Example @fabkeyz
- Then you’ll want to deactivate direct message so that the post won’t be sent to your friends’ inbox, you can deactivate by tapping X on the screen.
- After mentioning, you can send your comment.
Instagram Tips And Tricks for Followers
There are tons of people that search daily for Instagram tips and tricks for followers;
After much research, I found out some tips that helped me gain a good number of followers on Instagram. I will give you a list of Instagram tricks that you can Implement that will surely earn you a good number of followers on Instagram.
Instagram tips and tricks to get more followers
- Use popular hashtags before uploading pictures or videos. example #Youtube
- Let your hashtags be relevant to your the video or picture you are posting.
- Following lots of people would make about %50 of them follow you back, so imagine following 500? That could give you 250 follow backs.
- Using hashtags like #follow4follow #followforfollow also helps.
- Post interesting and eye catching stuff on Instagram, people will follow you to see more.
Hide/Unhide Filters On Instagram
Yup, there’s an Instagram trick that lets you hide filters that you don’t like.
When you hide these filters, you won’t see them when next you try to add a filter to your Instagram image or video, they’ll be hidden.
You can also unhide hidden Instagram filters, which makes this Instagram trick a boss among other Instagram tricks.
- Select a photo, just so you can be in Edit mode.
- Long press on any filter you want to hide and swipe your finger upwards to ”drag to hide”.
Here’s how to unhide filters;
- On the Edit picture mode(Make sure you are on the filter interface)
- Swipe through the filters till you see ”manage”.
- Tap on ”Manage”.
- You can hide or unhide filters from there.
Turn off commenting on your Instagram Post
Don’t want people’s opinion on your Instagram photo or video? You can make specific posts on Instagram comment blocked by turning off commenting.
Turning off commenting on specific posts will not make your account private, It will only disable commenting on that specific post.
This is also one of my favorite Instagram tips and tricks.
Here’s how to do this;
- Go to the specific post on Instagram.
- Click/tap on the utility button located at the top-right of your screen.
- Select ”turn of commenting”.
Switch Instagram account to Business Account/profile
This is a cool Instagram tip that most people aren’t utilizing.
If you own a company or website and you want to open an Instagram page for your business, the best kind of account to open would be a business account.
How? Well, the business profile on Instagram gives you a well-detailed report about your views and clicks. Business profile on Instagram completely changes your Instagram look to a more business-oriented profile.
Here’s how to change your existing personal account to a business account on Instagram.
- Go to your Instagram profile page.
- Tap on the utility/options button.
- Scroll down and tap on ”switch to business” profile.
Note: You might need to link your facebook account to Instagram and own a facebook page to complete the setup process.
Save Cellular Data Use On Instagram
Here’s another cool Instagram tip that you can utilize, This Trick for Instagram helps you save cellular data on your device.
Here’s how to save cellular data use on Instagram.
- Go to your Instagram Profile page.
- Tap on the options button.
- Scroll down and tap on ”Cellular data use”.
- Tap on ”Use Less Data”.
Two Factor Authentication on Instagram
This one is for persons that are security conscious, with this Instagram tip, hackers will surely be kept totally off your account.
The word two-factor authentication isn’t a new word though, it is on other platforms too like Google, Facebook, and others. It is basically and added security to accounts.
Here’s how to enable two-factor authentication on Instagram;
- Go to your profile page and click options.
- Scroll down and tap on ”Two Factor authentication”.
- Tap on ”Require Security Code”.
Record Rewind Video on Instagram
This feature is a cool Instagram trick that lets you record videos and watch recorded videos in Rewind mode.
After series of updates from Instagram, this feature came alive on the Instagram App. If you have not updated your Instagram App you might not see this feature.
Here’s how to use the rewind feature on Instagram;
- From your Instagram home, click/tap on the camera icon located at the top-left.
- Just below the snap button, tap on REWIND.
- Touch the camera snap button to start recording and tap again to stop.
- You can save or send the output, or even use it as your Instagram story.
How to set a Boomerang as your Instagram story
Instagram stories are the first thing I check when I open my Instagram App. Did you know that you can use the boomerang feature for your Instagram story? Well, yes you can.
Here’s how it works
- Click/tap on the camera icon located at the top left of your screen.
- Just below the camera snap button, tap on boomerang and record your short video.
- Finally, click/tap on ”your story”.
There are tons of tips and tricks for Instagram, I mentioned only a few of them. These tips and tricks will help you to utilize your Instagram app to its full capacity.
If you have any Instagram tip and trick that you would love to add, simply tell us the Instagram trick via the comment section of this post.