From emoji and camera features to Status and animated GIFs, Whatsapp developers are always looking to add new features that make communicating easy and fun with friends and family on Whatsapp.
WhatsApp has finally added support for stickers, one amazing feature that is hard to believe, is now available. The mobile application is lacking this feature, but now the messaging app is finally rolling them out. The company announced a few days ago in a blog post today that the stickers will be coming to iOS and Android in the coming weeks, according to reports the new feature will be available to Android users with the stable beta version of WhatsApp in the coming weeks.
How To Get The Sticker Feature In Whatsapp
The Sticker feature In WhatsApp is live for both Android and IOS beta version. WhatsApp Android beta users can update to version 2.18.329 to access the feature, while the IOS beta users can update to 2.18.100. Just like the facebook messaging app, the WhatsApp stickers are in packs and you will have to download them before they can be used. Once users download any of the sticker pack, they can use the stickers anytime they desire. Without further ado let’s take a look at how to use new sticker packs on WhatsApp.
How To Use The Sticker Feature In Whatsapp
Once you have updated your Whatsapp to the latest beta version, the sticker feature will automatically be available on your chat screen. In the previous version, you can only find emoji and GIF options here. Now close to the GIF icon, is the sticker icon. Tap on it.
Once you’ve done that, select any sticker you want to use to spice up the chat and send to your friend, just like sending the GIF.
Like Facebook messenger app, you have to first download the sticker pack you want before you can use it, but fortunately for us the stickers are created by WhatsApp designers with a few selections from other artists.
How To Add Stickers In Whatsapp
After updating to the latest version of beta you will only need to follow the few steps below to get your desire sticker;
- Open an existing chat.
- Tap on the “type a message” bar and click on the emoji icon.
- Tap the stickers icon.
- Tap the plus icon to add sticker packs.
- Tap the download icon next to the sticker pack you want.
- Find and tap the sticker you want to send.
Alternative Way To Use Sticker On WhatsApp
If you are not a fan of the beta version, then wait for the Official release of the WhatsApp that will come with the sticker feature. Thanks to some third-party that supported the use of the sticker on old WhatsApp. Now, let’s discuss how to use one of the third-party application with Whatsapp
- Firstly, you need to download the third party app from google plays store or click on the link provided for you here for quick access to the app Whatsapp Sticker pack
After a successful installation of the app to your mobile device, you will need to add the sticker pack to your Whatsapp app. Here’s everything that you need to know about how to use the third-party application.
- Open the sticker app that you just download and select the sticker you desire.
- Once you have selected the sticker of your choice, a dialog box will pop up and you will need to choose WhatsApp as your destination.
- After you have selected WhatsApp, the messaging app will open and display all your contact, just like when you’re trying to forward a message, choose which contact gets the sticker and add it to your chat.
If you tap the clock icon it’ll show your recent activity and then tap on the star icon, you’ll see your favorite stickers just like the way emoji displays. Whatsapp isn’t done with us just yet. Currently, we haven’t seen animated or motion stickers on the messaging app. Hoping to see it in the coming weeks.