Hello there tech lover, in this article, you will learn how to save a video from Facebook messenger.
Doesn’t matter if you are using messenger on PC, Android, or iOS, I will show you steps on how to save a video from Facebook messenger on all devices.
Facebook Messenger remains one of the best social media platforms in our world today. You can’t have a Facebook account on an Android or iOS device and not have Messenger installed.
Unless you want to go old school and chat with friends using the web version of Facebook. But trust me, Facebook messenger is way better.
When someone sends a video to you on messenger Android or iOS App, you won’t see a download button laying around, it’s not that easy. You’ll have to find it.
Read on and you’ll find out how to save a video from Facebook messenger with ease.
Steps: How To Save A Video From Facebook Messenger
1. Open Messenger App on your Android device.
2. Open the chat containing the video you want to download.
3. Long press on the video and click on the save video button located at the bottom left.
After doing this, the video should be available in your phone gallery.
Now, if you are using an iOS phone, the steps are almost the same, Open the messenger App on your device, long press on the video you want to save to your phone and tap on the save or download button and the video should be automatically added to your phone’s library.
Let’s move on to the Windows and MAC users, if you have a Windows or a MAC, it is very possible to save a video from messenger.
How To Download Video From Messenger MAC
If you are using a MAC or Windows, you can follow these steps on how to download Facebook messenger videos on PC.
- Go to messenger.com
- Sign in with your Facebook login details.
- Locate the chat you want to save a video from.
- Click on the video to open it.
- Hover your mouse on the screen and you would see a download icon at the top.
- Click on the download icon to save the video.
- Specify the save folder and finally click on save.
It is that easy, in just 7 easy steps you’d be on your way to saving videos on Facebook Messenger on MAC and Windows.
If you do not want to use Facebook messenger, you can use the web version of Facebook to save any video of your choice to your computer.
Here is what you’ll need to do;
- Open Facebook Web on your PC.
- Click on the messenger icon at the top.
- Open chat that contains the video you want to save.
- Click on the video to play it.
- Hover your mouse and you should see a download button at the top left.
- Click on the download button, specify a save location and the video should be saved to your PC.
Check out: How To Make A Group Chat On Messenger
I have seen a lot of articles that share long processes of saving videos from Facebook messenger, well, maybe saving a video from Facebook messenger was difficult back in the day, but in this current era, it is as simple as A, B, C.
As you would notice, the download button isn’t laying around, you would have to perform a few steps to see it.
I hope this short guide on how to save a video from Facebook messenger 2021 has been of help to you. Thanks for stopping by. If you share this guide on your social media pages, you’d be doing us a huge favor.
Check out: How To Mute Someone On Facebook Messenger