Did you know that you can restore Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive?
Here I’m going to show you how to restore Whatsapp messages from google drive.
It’s really easy, but it might require you to uninstall your WhatsApp first.
Before we proceed, you need to update your Whatsapp to the latest version, if you haven’t.
Check out: How To Create WhatsApp Stickers
Why Do I Need To Uninstall Whatsapp First?
You’ll have to uninstall your Whatsapp before you can restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. This is because there is no option that lets you restore messages directly from Whatsapp settings.
I’ve been there, I’ve tried it.
Now, if you’ve mistakenly uninstalled your Whatsapp without backing-up your messages, then, sorry chap, this post ain’t for you.
It’s very necessary to backup your Whatsapp messages from time to time or set it to automatically backup every week or month.
Steps: How To Restore Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive
Now, the moment you have been waiting for, Grab a hot cup of coco, and let’s dive in!
1. First Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
2. Open Whatsapp.
3. Set a phone number, then, input the verification code.
4. Allow access.
5. Tap on ‘Restore’ to restore the backup from Google drive.
6. Tap next, to proceed to the initialization step.
7. Once initialization is done, your WhatsApp messages will be displayed.
How do I restore my WhatsApp messages on my new phone?
It’s not a big deal, only if you had previously backed up your messages on the old phone, will this step then, work for you.
If you still have the old phone with you, then open the WhatsApp on the old phone > Go to settings > Tap on chats > Then, tap on chat backup > Tap on backup now > Select your google account, and all your messages and media will be backed up to your google drive.
Install WhatsApp on the new device > Agree and continue with the terms and conditions > Fill in your phone number, that you used for the WhatsApp on the old phone > Input the verification code and continue > Allow other permissions and continue > Tap on Restore > Proceed to the initialization, and all your messages will be displayed on your new phone.
Can’t find my WhatsApp backup in Google Drive?
If WhatsApp cannot find a backup of your messages and media, it would be as a result of these:
- The phone your using isn’t logged into the google account that was used to backup your WhatsApp.
- You’re using a different phone number from the one used to login to your WhatsApp.
- The backup was not completely done, due to poor internet or WiFi connection.
- Your chat history, and SD card is badly corrupted.
- You didn’t properly backup the file to your google account, so it doesn’t exist on the google drive.
Any of these issues could be the reason you have a hard time restoring your WhatsApp backed up messages.
That’s how to restore Whatsapp backup from Google Drive in just 7 concise steps.
If you still have something on your chest about WhatsApp, don’t fail to drop a comment below, and I will be swift to respond.