The most frustrating thing about switching to a new phone is losing the fine details of data contained within your apps. Your routine workout sets, your saved maps on Google Maps, even your podcast playlist. There are ways you can transfer apps to your new phone even without having backed up your old phone. You can still have access to your purchased apps in Play Store, but how do you transfer them with their data intact? Below are a few steps of how to transfer apps into your new device:
Use Android’s Backup And Restore
One of the easiest ways to transfer apps like Betway from Android to Android is by backing up your old appliance and using the restore function on the new one. However, you can’t restore a back up from a higher Android version to a device of a lower Android version.
Below are steps you can follow to ensure your old device is backing up your data;
- Go to setting.
- Scroll down and tap System
- Select backup – you may have expanded the advanced section first.
- Verify the back up to Google Drive toggle is on
- If it’s toggled off, slide it on and tap back up now
- When the backup is complete, you’re good to go
- If you set up your phone and didn’t restore your data, you can reset the device and reset it to factory settings then start over the set-up process again.
- Follow the prompts on the screen and tap on restore data from another device. However, you can start with a clean slate when you get a new device, but restoring data from your old device makes the transition more seamless.
- Choose the device you want to get data from and tap copy your data
- Your new Android will prompt you to connect to a Wi-Fi network – the same connection to your old phone.
- Next, choose either a backup from an Android phone – if you have your old phone with you or back up from the cloud – if you don’t.
- With the same account logged into your old device, sign into your Google account with your new device.
- Here you see a backup option, which includes your Android device.
- Tap restore to move all the settings and data from your old device and hit Apps like your Betway app to get it back on your new phone.
- When your data is restored, you can continue with the set-up process.