Guys, trust me, I know TikTok is cool and all, but you need to watch how you use it on a daily.
The thing is, when you start watching that first video, it is literally impossible to stop.
And then you feel it “the addiction kicking in, like morphine”.
Check out: TikTok Screen Time Management
While TikTok remains one of the latest waves in the social media world, it sucks data like crazy and that can be devastating, especially if you are in a country like mine where you have to spend a lot of money to acquire a good amount of data.
What’s the essence of this article? I will show you a simple way to save data in TikTok.
The process will take about a minute to complete.
Check out: How To Change TikTok Username
Steps: How To Save Data in TikTok
These steps work on Android and iphone perfectly well. Here’s what to do;
1. Launch the TikTok app on your device.
2. Go to your profile by clicking on the Me icon.
3. Tap on the utility icon on the top right to reveal privacy and settings.
4. Under General, click on data saver and toggle off.
There you go, you have successfully activated the data saver mode in TikTok, the App won’t consume as much data as it did before.
According to TikTok, Data saver reduces cellular data usage.
After doing this, videos may appear in a lower resolution or may even take a longer time to load.
Note: The data saver mode doesn’t work if you are connected to a Wifi
Does TikTok use a lot of data?
Yes, it does. If your data is getting exhausted on a regular and you use TikTok, just spare a minute and check your data usage to know how much data TikTok is using.
Why does TikTok use so much storage?
When you watch a video on TikTok, it gets stored on your phone not as a video but as a cache, that way you don’t have to reload videos to watch them. The idea of storing such a large amount of cache is to make the user experience great. If TikTok is taking way too much space, you can simply clear the cache.
How Much Data Does TikTok Use?
This is dependent on some factors like the number of videos you watch and the number of Uploads you make per day. To know the amount of data used by TikTok, you can simply head over to data usage settings on your phone and find out.
Do’s And Dont’s To Save Data On TikTok
Here are some instructions you can follow if you want to save data on TikTok.
- Don’t watch too many videos in a day (limit the number of videos you watch in a day or per session).
- Turn off your phone (LOL) or cellular network when you can’t fight the urge to open TikTok.
- If you must use TikTok for more than 60 minutes, do so while connected to a WiFi.
- Turn on data saver mode if you must use cellular data.
- Limit your number of Uploads and downloads in a day.
- Don’t clear the app cache! doing so will reload all the videos and that’ll eat up your data.
TikTok remains one of the most fun apps to use on Android and iOS devices. But if you are trying to save Data you need to minimize your usage of TikTok because it is a data sucking son of a”””’…Clears throat!!!
I hope this article has helped you in your quest to save data in TikTok. Kindly share this content if it has been of help to you.