Want to know how to insert degree symbol in Google Docs and Google Sheets? You came to the right place.
There are a lot of symbols that can be inserted in Google docs, see How to insert symbols in Google docs.
Most people find it very difficult to insert degree symbol in Google docs and others find it twice as difficult to insert degree symbol in Google sheets.
I was having a hard time inserting degree symbol, but being an inquisitive person, I finally got the hang of it.
There are a lot of cool things you can do with Google docs, you can check these 25 Google Docs features.
I’ll quickly cut to the part where I show you how to insert ° in google docs.
How To Insert Degree Symbol In Google Docs
1. Open Google Docs on your PC.
2. From the options tab, Click on insert.
3. Click on special characters.
4. Inside the special characters box, click on the search bar and type “degree”.
5. The degree symbol would appear at the left, click on the degree symbol and it would appear on your document.
That’s how to easily insert degree symbol in Google docs.
Extra Tip: If you would need to use more degree symbols, you can select the degree symbol and copy it. Whenever you need the symbol, all you need to do is paste it, instead of accessing the special characters box over and over again.
How To Insert Degree Symbol In Google Sheets
If you are using Google sheets, you can’t use the same steps for Google docs, if you already tried, you would notice that Google Docs does not have the insert special characters option.
However, there are other ways you can insert degree symbol in Google Sheets.
Here is how you can do this;
Method 1 (Copy and Paste)
1. Open Google Sheets.
2. Copy the degree symbol below.
3. Paste the symbol in the box where you want to degree symbol.
And that’s it, that’s one of the fastest ways to insert degree symbol in Google sheets.
The second method is cool too, I use this one all the time.
Method 2 (CHAR)
1. Open Sheets on your PC using a browser.
2. Copy and paste =CHAR(176) inside the box you want the degree symbol. It will automatically change from the CHAR to a degree symbol.
How do you insert the degree symbol in Google docs?
Open Google Docs > Click on insert > Special characters > Type in “degree” in the search box or draw the degree symbol in the space below the search box, then click on the degree symbol at the left to add the symbol to your Google docs document.
You didn’t know how to make degree symbol google docs? I hope this article has been of help. With the steps listed you will have no issues on how to insert degree symbol in Google docs or Google sheets.
If the steps above do not work for you, it means you are not doing it correctly, read the steps carefully and try again.
Thanks for stopping by.