Hello there, I’m back with another descriptive and easy to read guide on how to delete Gmail account in Android Phone.
All the steps that I will be sharing with you are working, I tried them out using a dummy account.
If you are looking at how to delete Gmail account on Android or how to delete Gmail account from Android, you came to the right place.
Before going ahead to delete your Gmail account because of reasons best known to you, there are things you must know.
Check Out: How To Reset Gmail Password
- Deleting your Gmail account doesn’t delete your Google account.
- You will never be able to recover that account once it has been deleted.
- You will not be able to receive or send messages using that Gmail address ever again.
If after reading all that you still want to delete gmail account on Android, follow me and I’ll show you all the steps you will need on how to delete Gmail account in Android.
Please Read This, It Is Not The Usual Yada Yada
I lied! DON’T SCROLL DOWN JUST YET!
I can’t show you the steps until you are very certain that you want to delete your Gmail Account permanently.
Recovery Could Be At Stake: If you have used the Gmail address you want to delete as a recovery address for your Bank account, or any other important account, you will need to update your Gmail address on all platforms where you have used the Gmail address you are about to delete.
If you have used this Gmail as a sign in email for any online account, if you forget your password, you will be prompted to enter a verification that will be sent to your Gmail, since you cannot receive or send messages after a Gmail account has been deleted, you might loose access to your accounts outside Google.
If you still want to go ahead with delete your Gmail account on Android, read on;
How To Delete Gmail Account In Android Phone
1. Go to settings on your Android device.
2. Click on Google to open your accounts page.
3. Choose the account you want to delete.
4. Click on Manage your Google Account.
5. Tap on Data & Personalization.
6. Scroll down and Tap on Delete a service or your account.
7. Tap on Delete a Service under delete a Google Service.
8. Enter your password and click on Next, if you have forgotten your password you can reset gmail password.
9. At the side of the Gmail option, you would see a delete icon. Tap on the delete icon.
10. You will need to enter a NON-GMAIL account in the box provided and then tap on Send Verification Email. Your Gmail account will not be deleted unless you do this.
11. An email will be sent to the email you provided, containing a link that will complete the Gmail account deletion process, open the email account and click on the delete link.
12. Enter the Gmail address and account password of the Gmail account you want to delete on Android.
13. Tick Yes, below and then tap on DELETE GMAIL.
You should see a prompt telling you that you have deleted your Gmail account successfully.
What happens if I remove my Gmail account from my phone?
Removing your Gmail account from your phone is not the same thing as deleting it. When you remove your Gmail account, you won’t be able to receive or send emails using the Gmail app, all your emails will stay safe. You can always gain access to your received and sent emails by signing in to your Gmail account again on your phone.
How many days it will take to delete Gmail account permanently?
It will take Google 2 days to delete your Gmail account permanently after requesting. Before this time elapses, if you change your mind, you can recover your Gmail account.
That’s a warp on how to delete gmail account in Android phone permanently. I hope this article has been of help to you. Remember that after 2 days have passed since you asked Google to delete your account, you might not be able to recover the account.
Kindly help this website grow by sharing this short and helpful guide with your friends and loved ones.