It is what is it. The Cookies I’ll be talking about are not the regular dessert that you can munch away.
This article will show you how to delete cookies in Google chrome in a bit.
The big question: What are cookies? This is one question you should know the answer to.
There are a lot of confusing explanations as to what cookies are, but I’ll give a quick definition.
Cookies are small files that contain information like your username and data. This sort of information is saved on your computer hard drive, so you don’t have to sign in again and again while accessing your favorite websites.
Cookies and cache also improve browsing speed.
That was easy to understand right? I bet it was!
Now, I will show you how to delete cookies in Google chrome.
How To Delete Cookies In Google Chrome
Note: Deleting cookies in Google Chrome will automatically sign you out of all the websites you have synced to your Google account.
1. Open Google Chrome and click on the utility icon at the top right.
2. Click on More Tools.
3. Click on clear browsing data. (You can use the shortcut buttons Ctrl + Shift + Del) And it will take to directly to the clear browsing data page.
4. Choose a time range.
5. From the list of options check only the box that says Cookies and other site data and then, click on Clear data.
And voila, that’s how to clear cookies in Google Chrome.
Check Out: Google Chrome Video Downloaders
Clear Cookies Chrome Android
If you are using an Android device, here is how to delete cookies in Google Chrome Android.
- Open Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Go to settings by clicking on the utility button at the top right and tapping on settings.
- Tap on privacy.
- Tap on Clear browsing data.
- Check the ONLY the box beside cookies and site data.
- Tap on clear data at the bottom.
How do I clear my cookies chrome?
To clear cookies on Google chrome follow these steps;
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- Go to settings.
- Click on clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range.
- Tick only the box that says “Cookies and other site data”.
- Finally click on clear data and the cache will be cleared.
Is it a good idea to remove all cookies?
Clearing your browser cookies is okay and security wise, I’d advise you to clear cookies regularly, the only negative thing about deleting cookies in Google Chrome is that you might need to sign in again on all the platforms you have synced with.
How long does it take to clear cookies on Chrome?
If you are clearing cookies within the (last hour) time frame it should take less than 15 seconds to finish. If you are clearing all time cookies on Google chrome it might take about 60 seconds or less to complete.
What is the shortcut to delete cookies in Chrome?
Ctrl + Shift + Del will open the clear browsing data page without having to go to settings, more tools and clear browsing data.
That was short and entertaining for me. I hope this article on how to delete cookies in Google chrome has helped you clear cookies like a boss. Thanks a lot for stopping by and sticking around.
You’d be doing us a huge favor by clicking on the share button and passing this information to your friends and loved ones.