Basically, almost everyone of us uses Google chrome web browser every day, for work, to download files and even to stream videos online.
So, you must have come across the word cache before, but for the benefit of those that haven’t and don’t know how to clear cache in google chrome, here’s a quick clarification on what cache is.
Cache is a software component that basically stores data so that any future request for that data will be conveyed faster and efficiently.
With that being said, let’s dive in and see the steps that will guide you through how to clear cache in Google Chrome.
Check Out: How To Clear Cookies In Google Chrome
How To Clear Cache In Google Chrome
Now, with my brief clarification on the cache and what it does, follow me closely as I take you through the steps, and answer the how do I clear my cache in chrome question on your mind right now.
1. Open your Google Chrome.
2. Click on the three dot ‘menu’ icon at the top right.
3. Go to ‘More tools’ and click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
4. At ‘advanced’, See the ‘Time range’ at the top left and set it at ‘All-time’ from the drop-down menu.
5. Check the boxes of ‘cached images and files’ and ‘Cookies and other site data’, and click on ‘clear data.
- For Linux and windows do, ‘ctrl + shift + delete’, and it will take you to the ‘clear browsing tools’ page.
- For macOS do, ‘command + shift + delete’, and it will take you to the ‘clear browsing tools’ page where you can proceed to clear your cache data.
How To Clear Cache In Google Chrome Android
- Open your Chrome app on your device.
2. Tap on the three dot ‘menu’ tab at the top right.
3. Tap on ‘settings’.
4. Under ‘Advanced’ tap on ‘privacy’, then tap on ‘clear browsing data’.
5. Under ‘Advanced’ set your ‘time range’ at ‘all time’ and check the box of ‘cached images and files’ and tap on ‘clear data’.
With those 5 simple steps, all cache files will be cleared.
Check Out: How To Clear cookies on a specific site | Google Chrome
How long does it take to clear cache in Chrome?
It takes Google chrome less than 60 seconds to initiate and clear your cache files as soon as you complete the steps and click on clear data.
What happens when you clear cache in Chrome?
When you surf the internet, some site information are saved in the cache on your chrome. When you clear cache you fix issues like lagging, formatting, and loading on sites.
How often should I clear my cache?
You should check your cache from time to time, and probably clear it once or twice a month, depending on how often you use your Google Chrome browser.
Have you learned How To Clear Cache In Google Chrome? Yes? you’d literally have that sigh of relief when you finally clear cache files in your Google Chrome browser. It wasn’t that hard, was it? Pretty easy and simple to understand.