Hello guys, today, I’m going to show you how to block someone on Skype in just a few easy steps.
Now, before we begin today’s journey, let me ask you this, are you having that feeling of blocking some incessant behavior of someone on your chat list?
If that’s the case then, with these steps below you can do that in less than 30 seconds.
Now, going through the process of blocking someone is not a big deal at all, and as a matter of fact, the person won’t know you blocked him/her.
So, he/she will just be going about their time on Skype, sending you messages that you will never receive, it could be frustrating for them, who cares! but also a big relief for you.
Eventually, if you feel like letting the sleeping dog out of his cage and you decide to unblock the person, I have also given steps on how to unblock someone on Skype.
The steps to do this on Android are the same with that of the PC, nevertheless, I’m going to show you exactly how it’s done with nice images to help guide you properly.
Steps: How To Block Someone On Skype
1. Open your Skype App.
2. Tap on the contact you want to block.
3. Tap on the person’s profile name, at the top.
4. Scroll down, and tap on Block contact.
5. Tap ‘block‘, to confirm the action.
BAM!!! Immediately, the contact will disappear from your chat list.
To unblock, here’s how it’s done!
How To Unblock Someone On Skype On Android
- Open Skype App.
2. Tap on your profile icon, at the top.
3. Tap on settings.
4. Tap on Contacts.
5. Tap on Blocked contacts.
A list of all the contacts that you’ve blocked will be seen.
6. Now, on the contact you want to unblock, tap on ‘unblock‘, and the contact will once again be visible on your chat list.
How To Block Someone On Skype PC
1. Launch the Skype Application.
2. At the left, click on the contact you want to block.
3. On the conversation screen, click on this/her profile name, at the top left.
4. On the pop-up screen, scroll and click on block contact.
5. Click ‘Block‘ to confirm.
Now, the contact is no more on your chat list, you can proceed to other chats sir, your welcome.
Here’s how to unblock someone on Skype, via PC, if need be.
How To Unblock Someone On Skype PC
- Launch your Skype Application.
2. Tap on your profile name, at the top left.
3. Click on settings.
4. On the pop-up screen, click on Contacts.
5. Click on Blocked contacts.
There, you will see a list of all your blocked contacts.
6. On the contact you wish to unblock, click ‘unblock’.
And, VOILA!!! the contact will be back on your chat list.
Check Out: How To Delete A Skype Account
When you block someone on Skype what do they see?
Basically, they still see you, but only your last seen will appear. Any message they send to you will be sent on their end, but it won’t reflect on your end.
Even after you’ve unblocked the person, all the messages they have sent when they were blocked, will appear, and you can reply to each of them if you wish to.
How do I see blocked contacts?
Many have tried this by looking for the person on the chat list. You can’t see that contact anywhere near your chat list again, sorry!
To view blocked contacts, here’s were you need to go.
Open Skype > Tap on your profile icon, at the top > Tap on settings > Tap on Contacts > Tap on Blocked contacts > There, you’ll see all the contacts that you have been blocked so far.
That’s how to block someone on Skype. You can thank me later when you’ve tried them and you’re satisfied with the results you got.
Thanks a bunch, for stopping by, and viewing this post.
If you have any questions pertaining to Skype related issues, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below, and I’ll reply to you as soon as I get it.