Are you ready to know how to activate youtube dark mode?
Alright, I will show you.
Google has been rolling out a dark mode to all mobile apps. Last year, it added the ability to change YouTube’s background from white to black on its desktop website.
The Dark mode is available now for iOS and Android. Many people prefer dark mode over the normal background. The dark mode reduces the amount of light down from a phone’s display and saves battery life.
To turn the new dark mode on or off in Youtube mobile app, here are the simple steps to follow:
Check out: How To Change Default Google Account
How To Activate Youtube Dark Mode
- Download the latest version of the YouTube app on your smartphone device.
- Launch the YouTube app, tap on your Google account icon at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Settings”
- Tap on the “General” section in the Settings menu.
- There should be a “Dark theme” option, with a slider to the right.
- Tap on the slider to toggle on Dark theme.
Just in case you miss the default background and want to revert back to the old look. All you need to do is follow the same process and toggle off the Dark theme.
The process is similar for Youtube desktops website: Click your account icon in the top-right, click the Dark theme line directly above Settings and then click the toggle switch to turn on Dark theme same goes for IOS devices
Here’s a well-explained process on how to enable Youtube dark mode on Desktop
How to Enable Youtube Darkmode On Desktop
- Open Youtube.com on your PC.
- Sign in if you haven’t.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Click on dark theme.
- Toggle on the dark theme button.
And that’s a wrap. That’s How To Activate Youtube Dark Mode on PC and on Android with ease.
How do I take YouTube off dark mode?
The process of taking off dark mode is easy. All you need to do is follow the same steps that you used to activate it and then toggle off. Open Youtube on your PC > Click on your profile icon at the top right > Turn Off Dark Theme.
Youtube dark mode is an amazing feature that 95% percent of people love to use. It works perfectly well when you are using youtube in a dark room. I hope this guide on How To Activate Youtube Dark Mode will be of help to you.
Thanks for stopping by.