How to Block Someone On Whatsapp Without Them Knowing
Your days of searching for how to block people on WhatsApp or how to remove someone from your WhatsApp list is surely over.
I will show you very easy steps on how to block WhatsApp contacts. Most people know how to do this, but for the benefit of people that don’t. I will quickly show you how you could easily block WhatsApp contact without stress.
Quick question: Can you really block someone on Whatsapp without them knowing?
Whatsapp is a very popular messaging platform with about 900 million users per month, is vulnerable to spammers and harassers. Sometimes I wonder why someone would just want to send you spam messages on WhatsApp. But not to worry, All you’d have to do to end the spam madness is to block WhatsApp contacts.
However, Blocking someone on WhatsApp comes with reasons from the blocker ( you ), perhaps certain contacts are writing too many messages, or sending inappropriate files if any of your contacts belong to any the classes above then you might have a good reason to block them.
What Happens when you block a number on WhatsApp?
When you block someone on WhatsApp certain things happen.
- Blocking someone will stop the person from sending you messages
- They can’t see your status updates3. They also can’t see your profile photo updates.
- They also can’t see your profile photo updates.
- They can’t call you on via WhatsApp.
How to Block Someone on WhatsApp without letting them know
Follow these steps to block anyone on your WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device
- Tap on the utility button at the topmost right of your screen and tap on settings.
- Tap on account
- Tap on privacy, scroll down and tap on blocked contacts
- Tap the add contact button on the top right corner of the screen, (this will enable you to select a contact to block)
- Scroll down your list of contacts and select the person you want to block, and that’s all.
There is actually another method you can use to block WhatsApp contact, it is quite easier than the first. To use this method follow these steps.
- Open your Whatsapp
- Then tap on the utility button at the topmost right
- Tap on more and select Block
- A short message will pop up, tap OK
How to unblock someone on WhatsApp
If you have blocked someone on WhatsApp and you want to unblock the person, simply follow these steps.
- Tap the utility button at the topmost right of your screen.
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on account
- Tap on Privacy
- Scroll down and tap blocked contacts to view your blocked contacts list
- Tap on the contact you want to unblock and select unblock
How do you know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp
- You won’t see their last seen status
- Your messages won’t deliver
- Your video calls or normal calls will ring but the person won’t see the call.Was this post helpful? Use the share buttons below