Android App not installed;
This basically one of the most annoying error messages you can come across while trying to install an APK file on your Android device or an App from Google Play Store.
I have met a lot of people who have had this error and simply gave up because they could not fix the “Android app Not Installed” error.
I have also seen a lot of articles with annoyingly long content on how to fix app not installed in android.
In this article, I will show you many methods you can use to fix the Android App not Installed error. I’ll also try to make it short as possible
Are you ready?
Get a cup of coffee or something, this is going to be one hell of a ride;
How To Fix Android App Not Installed
Apps not downloading? Don’t worry, One of the methods below will help fix the android app not installed error.
Method 1: Disabling Play Protect
This first method worked for me, I have a positive feeling that it will work for you too. In order to fix Android app not installed error, you will need to disable Google Play Protect.
Now, Google Play Protect is a cool feature that doesn’t allow the installation of APK files from other sources.
If the APK file you are tying to install on your device is not listed on Google Play Store, it won’t be downloaded to your Android device.
You can disable Google Play Protect using the steps below, but do this at your own risk. Don’t worry, your phone isn’t going to explode after you disable Google play protect.
1. Open Play Store on your Android device.
2. Tap on the hamburger menu at the top left.
3. Click on Play Protect.
4. Tap on the settings icon at the top right.
5. Toggle off the option that says Scan Apps with play protect.
6. Click on turn off.
That’s one method to fix the Android app not installed error, if it doesn’t work for you, you can check out the next step below.
Method 2: Free Up Space On Your Device
Like it or not, this is actually one of the major causes of the “Android app not installed error”, when your phone space has been fully occupied, they’ll be no more room for the installation of an extra APK file.
Try to free up space on your Android device.
If you do not have an SD CARD installed on your Android device, you should delete some files in your phone storage.
Here are some tips to free up space on your device.
- Delete Large files
- Open your File Manager.
- Locate the Camera folder.
- Sort by file size (big-small)
- Delete large images and videos or back them up to an external drive or SD CARD.
- Clear data from Unused Apps
There are Apps on your Android device that you may have stopped using for a long time but they are still taking space on your device. Here’s what you can do.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on Apps and you would see a list of all your Apps and how much space there are taking on your device.
- Uninstall Apps or clear data to free space.
That should help fix Android App not Installed error.
After freeing up space, if the Android App does not install, check the next step below.
Method 3: Reboot Your Device
Before you come at me for including this as a method of fixing android application not installed error, you should try it first.
About 40% of Android software related problems can be solved with just a simple reboot.
Follow the steps below, it works for any Android device.
- Hold down the power button for a couple of second and it should reboot.
Method 4: Reset App Preferences
Tried everything to fix Android App not installed to no avail? Try this. What does it mean to reset App preferences? This simply means reset all apps to their default mode, it will reset preference for default apps, permission restrictions, disabled apps, notifications restrictions, and background data restrictions.
If you have previously made any edit to App permissions on your device, all your permission settings will be gone after clicking on the RESET button.
Here’s what to do;
1. Go to settings on your Android device.
2. Tap on Apps from the listed options, in some devices you might see Apps and notifications.
3. Tap on the three dot button located at the top right.
4. From the list of options tap on “Reset App preferences“.
5. Click on Reset to complete the process.
If you have tried all the methods above to fix Android App not installed and it didn’t work, then the problem is bigger than you thought.
Reasons Why You’re Still Seeing App Not Installed Error
Here are some reasons why you might still be seeing the Android App not installed error message.
1. Corrupted File: If the APK file you are trying to install on your Android device is corrupted, it will not installed. The best way to fix this is to check the source where you downloaded the APK file from. A quick fix to a corrupted APK file will be to download previous versions of the APK file. Try this and see if it installs.
2. Unsupported Android Version: Another cause of the dreaded “Android App Not Installed” could be an unsupported Android Version. Developers tell you on Play Store the supported versions so you know if your device is compatible with the App. You should check the supported version of the Apk file and see if it is compatible with your device.
Check out: Can’t take screenshot on Android | Fix
I hope this guide on how to fix Android App not installed has been of help to you. I was able to solve the problem myself by disabling play protect on Google Play Store.
If after reading the methods on how to fix android app not installed, if you are still experiencing issues while trying to installed certain APK files, contact me below using the comment button and I’ll reply you as soon as possible.
Thanks for stopping by, if this guide has been helpful to you, kindly share it with your friends.