Top 7 Free Screen Recorder For Android
A Lot of people search on the internet specifically for how to record screen on android. Most people get little or no success in their quest. but hey! Don’t go just yet, i have 7 cool scr for your android device that will surely work for you.
What is screencast?
Starting from the top, If you don’t know what a screencast is? Then i’ll tell you.
A screencast is a digital recording of your phone or Pc(personal computer) output, it is also known as a video screen capture, and it most times contains audio narration for clearer understanding.
Why do you need to record your android screen?
Okay, now lets say you want to do a descriptive post on ”hidden games on android” and you want to show users how to view the hidden games without having to write much. Android screen recorder is your next resort. It gives your viewers a short and descriptive video tutorial.
Texts may be difficult to follow, but with the record android screen feature, users can pause and replay videos for clearer understanding.
So now, after all that being said, i bet you want to know
How to record screen on android?
This list is going to tell you about 7 great android screen recorders that Myself and a pack of android app reviewers have deem fit to put together for you.
List of 7 screen recording app.
Before downloading any of the listed android screen recorder apk from playstore, i would advice that you check your android device thoroughly, because new android devices come with built in screen recorder. Also, you have to know that it doesn’t really matter if you are using a Samsung, Htc, Tecno, Elephone, LG, Infinix or any android phone brand. The apps below are sure to work for your device.
Just make sure your android version is not as low as gingerbread.
ADV screen recorder is a free screen recorder, it’s an extremely cool app for recording ”on screen activities”. It boasts of many cool features, if you are using an android device with android marshmallow, then i would advice you download this app. It’s unique features include;
- Pause recording which lets you pause your video while recording.
- Use front or back camera while recording.
- Set your banner with full customization.
- Set your text with full customization.
- Trim video.
- Two recording engines (default and advanced)
- Show touches.
- Countdown timer.
Az screen recorder is another screen recording app, it supports only devices that run on android lollipop and later. It has no time limit while recording and it is ad free. AZ screen recorder lets you record your android screen to HD and full HD videos. Its cool features include;
- Magic button : A button that controls recording.
- Countdown timer : It gives you time to prepare before the recording starts.
- Trim videos.
- Draw on screen.
- Overlay front camera : This lets you record your face in a small overlay window.
- Share/delete recorded video from app interface.
- Save directory selection.
- Screen orientation.
- Bit-rate selection.
- Video resolution settings.
#3 Mobizen screen recorder
Mobizen is another app that belongs to the free screen recorders list. This android screen recorder lets you record amazing vidoes for your android kitkat without root. yes, the kitkat though an old version doesn’t require root permission to use the mobizen android screen recorder. Mobizen is downloadable for free from google playstore. Some amazing features of mobizen screen recorder are;
- Easy to use.
- Clear Android screen recording in full HD.
- Trim and cut recorded videos.
- Insert your intro and outro video.
- No watermark with clean recording mode.
- Usable with no root from android 4.4.
- Capture your reactions while recording with facecam.
SCR screen recorder is another cool, free, and stable screen recording app, this screen recording app comes packed with a variety of features. Although if you are using kitkat and below you will need root access. SCR screen recorder provides an easy way to record game videos and tutorial videos directly from your android device. Some key features of the SCR screen recorder are:
- Pause/resume recording.
- Recording external sound.
- Many resolutions, bit rates.
- Supports HD video.
- Enable front camera.
- Control recording through floating window.
- Easily share videos to sites like youtube, facebook, twitter etc
- Modify video titles from the app.
#5 REC. (screen recorder)
REC. is a beautiful screen recording app for android, providing flexible and cool recording capabilities, if your device runs on android 5.0 and above you can use this app without root. if your device runs on android 4.4 below then you need to root your device for the screen recording app to work. Cool features of this app includes;
- Long screen recording time.
- Audio recording via the mic.
- Save your configurations as presets.
- Customise countdown timer.
- Shake device to stop recording.
- Automatically show screen touches.
Stream is a cool screen recording tool for android screencasting, walkthroughs, broadcast games and more, this android screen recording tool comes packed with amazing features which include;
- Stream live video to the world from your phone.
- Monetize your content.
- Share live video on social media.
- Save videos in HD format while streaming.
- Chat and view statistics during screen cast.
#7 Screen recorder
Okay, now the last but not the least is ”screen recorder” this android screen recorder is a free unlimited screen recording app for your android device. It lets you create promotional videos or make tutorials. Cool features of the ”screen recorder” are;
- Show touches while recording.
- Audio recording (pro version)
- Shake to stop recording.
- No limit on recording time.
Works well with android 5.0 and above, but requires root permission for android kitkat and below.
Download from playstore
These are 7 best android screen recording apps handpicked by some of the best android app reviewers, i hope this post answers your question on how to record android screen. If you encounter any issues while trying any of the apps listed above, kindly let us know in the comment section.