Here I want to help you learn how to disable on screen keyboard windows 10 whenever you want with just a few simple steps.
You might have turned on your on-screen keyboard for a specific purpose and now, it pops up from time to time, interrupting your work.
There is a way you can disable it and only activate it when you need it. The on-screen keyboard is a back up way to type without the aid of your physical keyboard.
Some people use this keyboard in cases where their physical keyboard is bad, or not responding.
Stick around and learn how to turn off screen keyboard windows 10.
How To Disable On Screen Keyboard Windows 10
Here’s a concise guide on how to disable on screen keyboard windows 10.
- Click the Windows logo start button.
2. Click the gear icon, just above the power tab option, to access settings.
3. Click on Ease Of Access at the far right.
4. Scroll down and select keyboard, then turn off the on-screen keyboard from there.
1. Right-click on the windows logo start tab in the taskbar.
2. Select Run.
3. On the Run command, type ‘OSK’ and hit enter.
3. On the on screen keyboard, select option.
4. Then, Select ‘control whether the on screen keyboard starts when I sign in’.
5. Un-check the use on screen keyboard box and click on Apply.
If you wish to turn it on again, apply the same steps and turn it on and you can go back to using the on screen keyboard whenever you please.
I want to add a tip that can also help, If you see a keyboard icon at in your taskbar below and you wish to remove it, simply;
1. Right click on the keyboard icon.
2. Go to show touch keyboard button and click on that option, it will automatically be removed from your taskbar.
How do I stop the on screen keyboard from popping up Windows 10?
Go to settings > got to ease of access > scroll down to where you’ll find keyboard > click on the slider to turn off the on screen keyboard.
How do I turn off the onscreen keyboard?
You can search ease of access on the search box in your taskbar > scroll down to keyboard option > enter and click on the slider to turn off.
How do I turn off the on screen keyboard at startup?
search for OSK > on the on screen keyboard, go to options and click on control whether the on screen keyboard starts when I sign in > uncheck the box of use on screen keyboard > select apply > and then ok, your on screen keyboard will be disabled from start up.
That’s how easy it is to disable on screen keyboard Windows 10.
The steps above are very practical and they work, both methods where carefully tested and came back positive, so you have nothing to worry about.
If you find any challenge in understanding how those steps or methods work, you can leave a comment in the comment section and I will respond swiftly.